Warm and Spicy Apple Drink2014-11-08
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
Warm and Spicy Apple Drink is lovely and warming and suitable for all sorts of occasions. It is great on its own or can be used as a mixer with rum or another alcoholic spirit if you wish. As an adventurous alternative you could replace the apple juice with cider.
- 1 litre cloudy apple juice
- 500 ml water
- 4 dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 x 3 cm cinnamon sticks
- 15g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 12 green cardamom pods, gently crushed
- 6 star anise
- honey or sugar to taste (optional)
Add all of the ingredients to a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow the flavours to develop for 5 or 10 minutes. Strain the liquid and serve, replacing some of the spices and apple pieces if preferred.